Camping Time Sun, Feb 04, 2018
This warm weather that we should be feeling makes me want to get out, and get camping. I love to go somewhere far from roads and lights, so that I can set up a simple tent and watch the stars. It is refreshing to get away from life and recharge ones batteries. I have always loved camping, since my parents have been taking me since I was very little, I have learned to love the long unscheduled days. Over the years I have made some mistakes, like not putting the food in the bear box, or thinking we don't need the rain guard on the tent. I have also learned some fun things, mostly from family and friends, that can make camping even easier. Here is one of our photos from Ireland when we had to hike 5 miles to our next hostel from the train station.
1) You can use a headlamp on a water jug for an easy lantern.
2) Instead of using ice, freeze water in jugs. This way you won't have a watery mess, and you will also have extra drinking water once it thaws.
3) Use a Survival Belt around a tree so you can hang your pans and a towel line.
4) Prepare mac and cheese in a tin or foil container, so you can reheat it over the camp fire later.
5) As some of us know, using dryer lint is great for fire-starting kindling.
6) Plan your vacations, as most national parks have free camping options.
Get out this spring and just leave all your worries and responsibilities at the paved road.