5 Things That Prove You're Smart Tue, Feb 28, 2017
A recent Forbes article I dove into explained the high costs of getting a truly accurate IQ test done. To be honest, I’m not sure I’d appreciate having an exact number to place my intelligence along a scale of people anyway, but a study of the numerous IQ tests taken over the years did find some correlations to higher numbered individuals, including these five:
- You’re anxious - yay! Not always a bad thing..this comes to people who can comprehend the ramifications of what may become..I guess you’re extra extra smart if you can harness it for good!
- You were an early reader - going to have to ask my ma about this one
- You’re left handed - Interestingly enough, this has also been known to correlate with the chances someone being a criminal..hmmm
- You took music lessons as a kid - The flute counts. I checked. Probably not as smart as those piano playing kids though..
- You’re funny - This correlates with both verbal intelligence and abstract reasoning, which gives me a new appreciation for Aziz Ansari
Whether you have 1 or 5 of these qualities, I just saved a ton of money on IQ tests by switching to the Loop (;