The 7 C's of Success Wed, May 13, 2015
Happy Thursday Everyone!
This past week Dr. Rick McGuire, a professor, track and field coach, and director of sports psychology at the University of Missouri retired after 32 years at the school. A long time coach, he helped establish a sports psychology department at Missouri in 2010. Some of his main principles pertain to how he views success.
1. Confidence – Trust & believe you will deliver your best.
2. Concentration – Focus your attention.
3. Composure – Stay poised and control your physiological and emotional arousal.
4. Courage – Feed your desire and confidence to be great while not focusing on feeding your fears.
5. Commitment – Stay with it and establish a stance "...before meeting the challenge."
6. Control - You have control over the above thoughts.
7. Choice - The first step is making "...the Choice to develop and to engage our Confidence, Concentration, Composure, Courage and Commitment!"
This certainly takes practice and at times, even guidance from others. What C's are strengths for you? What C's can you improve upon?