Tuesday, May 31st. Make Today Amazing! Mon, May 30, 2016
Good Morning Crusaders!
Hope you enjoyed your Memorial Day weekend. A holiday to express gratitude to the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Last week I shared a quote on how happiness comes from our actions. Today I will share with you 10 benefits that practicing gratitude has.
Dr. Robert Emmons, a UC Davis professor, is the world’s leading scientific expert on gratitude. He conducted studies involving gratitude journals and found that when people regularly engage in gratitude, they experience measurable psychological, physical, and interpersonal benefits:
1. Feel better about their lives overall.
2. Experience higher levels of positive emotions like optimism, enthusiasm, love, and happiness.
3. Are kinder and more generous to others.
4. Have fewer physical problems including pain.
5. Exercise more regularly and eat healthier.
6. Sleep better.
7. Visit the doctor more regularly for checkups.
8. Feel less stressed.
9. Able to cope with stress more effectively and recover more quickly from stressful situations.
10. Live longer–on average, being thankful adds 7 years to our lives!
Practicing gratitude can make your life better in so many ways. Give it a try you may be surprised how good it feels.