If you’re going through hell, keep going. -- Winston Churchill Fri, Oct 12, 2018
The following exercises for building mental strength capability of consistency were adapted from a list provided by psychologist Jonathan Haidt at the University of Virginia:
- Finish a project ahead of time.
- Notice your thoughts about stopping a task, and make a conscious effort to dismiss them. Focus on the task at hand.
- Begin using a time management aid of some sort (a palm pilot, a daily planner, etc.). Find a system that works and actually use it.
- Set a goal and create a plan for sticking to it.
- When you wake up in the morning, make a list of things that you want to get done that day that could be put off until the next day. Make sure to get them done that day.
Persistence and Consistency are hand and hand, the difference is that persistence is continuing on.